Please confirm your appointment within the time frame we asked or we will assume you no longer need this appointment and it will be cancelled.
Please follow these instructions before your abortion at our clinic:
- Patients should not eat four hours before your appointment time. You can have clear fluids right until your appointment. Clear fluids include water, ginger ale or sprite/7 up, apple juice, tea with no milk and clear soup broth.
- No alcohol, drugs or aspirin for 24 hours before your appointment.
- The clinic is a “scent-free” area, no perfumes, scented lotions or cologne please.
- Have a bath or shower on the morning of your appointment.
- You will need:
- a short sleeve shirt
- full back underwear (not thong style panties)
- socks (wear or bring)
- flat, comfortable shoes
- Please bring an extra pair of underpants as well as two maxi pads, you will not be able to use tampons for two weeks after your appointment.
- Take all prescription medication as usual on the day of your appointment and bring all prescription medication(s) with you.
- Anticipate a stay of 2 1/2 to 4 hours, minimum.
- You cannot drive for 24 hours after your appointment. We recommend that you have someone drive you home or accompany you in a taxi or public transport. If you are alone you will need to take a taxi home.
- You are welcome to have one escort (no more!) with you at the clinic. They will, however, only go as far as the waiting room.
- Your escort needs to have a photo ID to get into the clinic.
- Cell phones, and any electronic devices, are strictly prohibited in the clinic area.
- if you must bring your phone, keep it turned off and out of view. Thank you!
Children are not permitted in the clinic.
To contact our clinic, call 604-736-7878 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays. The clinic is open some Saturdays, as well. Toll-free line: 1-877-736-7171